Welcome to Strength Through Struggle!
Strength Through Struggle is dedicated to the pursuit of strength, but also maintains the sober understanding that strength does not come easily. Like life, strength is built through overcoming resistance in the gym that is progressively more difficult. Through our pursuit of strength inside the gym, we hope to not only develop bodies that match our goals, but also develop a mindset that approaches life in a similar manner. Our three development goals are such:
- Strength of Body – Physical strength that manifests itself in being able to manage and maintain our body through various physical stressors it’s exposed to.
- Strength of Mind – A mental fortitude that maintains clarity in the midst of difficulty, confusion, and frustration. How we deal with failure and setbacks matters, not just in the gym, but in life. While overcoming such things in the gym seems only a minor feat, the ability to adopt such a mindset outside the gym is paramount to a well-lived life.
- Strength of Character – A character that owns up to its mistakes, and is humble in its triumphs. Being strong mentally and physically, while admirable, is not the end-all-be-all. A person who is honorable, courageous, compassionate, and honest is best suited for strength of mind and body as well.
It is my aim to write with these goals in mind, and to coach with these goals in mind. At Strength Through Struggle, I do not compromise these values. Because of this, you can expect to find things that are:
- Recommended with consideration and good sense
- Original Work unless otherwise stated
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment, email, or carrier pigeon.